High-quality research goes hand in hand with responsible ethical conduct. Taylor & Francis group joined forces with Enago to promote transparency in research through this insightful webinar which provided tips on overcoming sensitive and challenging ethical dilemmas in scholarly publishing. A member of COPE, the Taylor and Francis group provides clear detailed guidelines on ethics and codes of conduct to help authors, editors, and reviewers report groundbreaking research.
All manuscripts without exception undergo a robust screening process to ensure legitimate publications. Through this session, we helped researchers understand the major ethical issues such as plagiarism, research fraud, undisclosed competing interests, etc. which can threaten research integrity and also researchers’ reputation by attracting discredit. We also discussed how researchers can steer clear of misconduct by adhering to stipulated ethical guidelines.
Researchers will learn:
- The three tenets of academic publishing
- Author responsibilities in publication ethics
- Major ethical issues in research
- How to avoid research misconduct
- Recent cases of violations of research and publication ethics
- Ethical publishing guidelines – by Taylor and Francis
- Early-stage researchers
- Graduate students
- Doctoral students
- Postdoctoral researchers
- Journals and Publishers