Citation analysis is prominently used as a benchmark for assessing scholarly impact. Enago in collaboration with Researcher—a global leading discovery platform dedicated to providing the most relevant and latest content in major scientific disciplines—conducted a webinar providing insights on the fundamentals of citation databases, related metrics, and ways to interpret them as a measure of research excellence. Citation metrics are considered as efficient and reliable indicators of quality at the journal, article, and author levels. However, these metrics are not comprehensive and often pose certain limitations. It is, therefore, necessary for researchers to have a thorough understanding of these metrics to successfully meet their research goals.
Through this session, researchers will have an improved understanding of the following:
- An overview of Bibliometrics, Scientometrics, and Altmetrics
- Role of citation analysis (citation metrics) and its significance
- How to measure research impact using research metrics (Journal, Article, and Author metrics)?
- Citation databases and their features
- Applications of citation-based indicators
- Personalizing feeds through Researcher app
About Researcher (https://www.researcher-app.com/)
Researcher’s mission is to become the world’s leading discovery platform for scientists and researchers. They make it as easy as possible to stay up to date with the latest and most relevant papers, so scientists and academics can concentrate on moving their research work forward. Founded in 2017 and based in London, UK, Researcher has over 1.6m users from across the globe.
- Graduate students
- Early-Stage Researchers
- Doctoral students
- Postdoctoral students
- Established researchers