Understanding research metrics is fundamental for researchers to be able to assess the scholarly impact at the author and journal-level. While citation metrics are prominently used to quantify and determine the quality of scientific publications, alternative metrics (altmetrics) compliment this traditional approach by providing insights on how readers are engaging with the research output online. Enago conducted an insightful webinar in collaboration with Researcher on citation databases, related metrics, and ways to interpret them as a measure of research excellence.
Researchers will have an improved understanding of the following:
- An overview of Bibliometrics, Scientometrics, and Altmetrics
- Role of citation analysis (citation metrics) and its significance
- How to measure research impact using research metrics (Journal, Article, and Author metrics)?
- Citation databases and their features
- Applications of citation-based indicators
- Personalizing feeds through Researcher app
- Graduate students
- Early-Stage Researchers
- Doctoral students
- Postdoctoral students
- Established researchers