Getting Your Manuscript Edited by Professional Editors: Why is it Beneficial?
17 July, 2019; 8:30 - 9:30 AM (EDT)登録する
Are you uncertain about your English writing skills? Do you need help to communicate your research effectively? Researchers often face challenges in publishing their work in international peer-reviewed journals due to language constraints. Getting assistance from a professionally experienced editor helps you present your data clearly and eliminate the common language and grammar errors. Through this webinar, we aim to highlight how professional editors with technical and subject-matter expertise can help ESL researchers in simplifying their publication journey.
After this session, researchers will have more information about the following:
- Overview of primary challenges faced by ESL researchers in academic writing including reasons for desk-rejections
- Common examples of errors related to English language and grammar, subject matter, and writing style
- Role of professional editors in improvising manuscripts for meeting publication specifications
- How Enago can help researchers decrease the odds of journal rejection
About the Speakers
Ishan Dave & Aditi Prabhu
BELS-certified Editors and Publication Consultants, Enago
- Ishan has been working closely with ESL researchers for almost a decade now, helping them getting published in international peer-reviewed journals. He also has experience in organizing and conducting author workshops focusing on various author training initiatives that Enago pursues with its partner universities.
- At Enago, he has helped establish editorial teams and mentored team members on several technical and language-related concepts related to editing. He has also worked extensively with various pre- and post-publication divisions of publishers and journals, and have assisted them in resolving publication-related challenges.
- Aditi has been extensively involved in editing and analyzing scientific documents submitted by ESL authors, and getting them published successfully in world-class peer-reviewed journals.
- She currently manages the Editorial Operations and Quality divisions at Enago. Her current role involves mentoring editors on various aspects related to language, grammar, content, and style; analyzing client feedback; and helping ESL authors with next steps that will aid in successful publication.